Holy jumpin’ juggalos, i did not expect the reaction on social media to the request for people to do spoken snippets.
SOOoooo…. hmm… this creates a dilemma. How do i choose? How do i possibly know who to choose? Here’s my solution:
I know i am using Timothy Ledsam for the boyfriend parts. I will use Mandy Gasson for one of the lines, DEFinitely. The other lines… you want em? Just record yourself doing them and once i have all i need i’ll tell you all. Just choose a line, or a couple of lines, record them, send them in, and once i have enough good ones to go with i’ll let everyone know.
My email is email@example.com
Here is the demo of the song. While i sing the demo vocals, i am NOT singing the vocals on the album. Rhys Owen is. You will note at the song’s climax the worst attempt at a wailing falsetto you’ve ever heard. This is because i cannot sing a wailing falsetto. Rhys Owen CAN. I heard him do it on the video that made me hire him. I heard it and i thought “Hot damn that boy can hit a wailing falsetto, you bet your butt i’m putting a wailing falsetto bit in his song.” So i am singing a pathetic attempt at one in order to show him that that is what should be sung there, just a million times better.
None of this pertains to you fine folks. During the 3rd bridge, at 4:45, you will hear the snippet lines. The first bridge, where Henry and his boyfriend are having an intimate conversation, the boyfriend (Evan) will be performed by Timothy Ledsam. The next one, with the old geezer will be performed by me as the old geezer. The next one, with the many voices, that is all you.
It begins around 4:45
The lines are:
- “Henry! There’s a new monster attacking the town! We need Hurl, you’ve got to get it up!
- (Female) “He can’t get it up?! But if he doesn’t change we’ll all die!”
- “Listen up everyone, we’ve all got to pitch in to give Henry an erection”
- (Must be sung by at least two people together. If you record this line, get a friend and sing:) “Get it up, Henry, get it up!”
- (I am planning on doing this one, but if you REAAAlly think you can pull it off…. has to be a very baritone cowboy voice, very straight and manly sounding, like a guy from Texas named Bubba:) “Get the Men’s Rowing Club over here. Git yer clothes off and start showering. Yeah, spank each other playfully! You… you cowboys you… oh! Okay, well… you don’t need instructions… Where’s the college kid? Good! Give me that shy freshmen look… pretend you’ve never seen one before… yer so curious you just gotta… oh, it’s working! Come on, Henry! Rise and shine, boy!”
The lines are not gender specific except 2 must be female and 5 must be male. Please send .wav files, not mp3s.
So.. just record them and send them in. As soon as i have what i need, i’ll make and announcement. This was the fairest method i could devise. My email is firstname.lastname@example.org