I ask you, my dear readers. I am open to suggestions.
What modern type of game might best open some terrible hellmouth?
As best as i can figure, some might include:
– An MMORPG: (for the… 3 of you who might not know what this means, MMORPG stands for Massive Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game. You know, World Of Warcraft or Star Wars: The Old Republic. It’s a good contender. There’s a lot of ways that could be used to open some terrible Hellmouth. The disadvantage is the group of people involved in opened said rift would not all be in the same place (which works better for me but is not a deal breaker)
– An RPG: Good old fashion table top role playing games. You know, Dungeons & Dragons? The million of games with modules and dice invented since? Thanks to the insights from the great Chick Tracts, we ALL know RPGs lead easily to Satan and a special one played just the right way could certainly open a live, hellish rift. Disadvantage: not modern enough and a bit of a stretch.
– LARPing: Live Action Role Playing. People act out on site, live a role playing game. Made famous through vampire RPGs and now has branched out to numerous types of RPG games. It’s sort of the obvious one. BUT… well, it’s a little too obvious, i’d be shocked if it hasn’t been done already, AND… LARPing is not as popular as MMORPGs or even basic RPGs. I’m tempting to go with a game that might have a wider appeal.
– Console Video Games: Look, there’s no reason why a video game played on a Playstation with your buddies couldn’t do it. Maybe not Call Of Duty, but some RPG or group survival game. Some Skyrim or Alien Survival type video game played by a group together could work. Once again the people involved wouldn’t all be together in the same real world place, but so what?
– App: Tablet gaming. You play with others, but on an ipad or android device. It wouldn’t be an RPG game, it’d be something more interesting. OOOOh, it could be like a geocache game. HEY! A geocache thing! Only your prize… sucks. (Geocaching is an outdoor recreational activity, in which participants use a (GPS) receiver or mobile device and other navigational techniques to hide and seek containers, called “geocaches” or “caches”, anywhere in the world.
– Something New. A new type of game, a new type of gaming. Something different. It’s new, it’s hot, groups of people are doing it. What would something like this be? Any ideas? Ya wanna help me out? People get together, play, but when played juuUUUUuust the right way, boom, hellmouth opened.